MDf Shaker Doors (moved from Information)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to make my first set of Wardrobe doors. My aim is to use 90mm styles and 160mm rails ( top, middle and bottom). I will be routing out a 6.3mm groove to take a 6mm MDF panel at the top and bottom of each door and gluing it all together with pva wood glue using loose tenons out of the 6mm mdf. Is there anything i should be aware of. Ive seen a few posts on sites from a guy called Jason who seems to make lots of doors this way and others have said its a great way to build them. They will be around 2300mm tall and 533mm wide. I'm praying this is okay as its for my in laws and i don't want to get anything wrong. Ive cut all of the material already and now awaiting my router bit delivery to cut out the groove for the panel.

Sponsored Links
I'd go for 9mm panels. 6mm is a bit flimsy/lightweight for my tastes. I'd also use plywood for the panels, but that's just a personal disliking for working with MDF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back