Meaningful vote No3

Newsflash: Politicians have even been known to start the odd war. Now, wasn’t it a German politician that got a bit uppity and started the last world war?

Such is my point. We elect them to represent us, if you want a direct democracy then you will have to show you understand the issues before you vote on them.

Would you ask the public to choose which cancer drug is more effective or will you leave that to the experts.

Sponsored Links
Such is my point. We elect them to represent us, if you want a direct democracy then you will have to show you understand the issues before you vote on them.

Would you ask the public to choose which cancer drug is more effective or will you leave that to the experts.

Might as well not bother electing them in that case. Let 'em choose amongst themselves who is going to rule. A bit like the EU eh?

Sponsored Links
Might as well not bother electing them in that case. Let 'em choose amongst themselves who is going to rule. A bit like the EU eh?
¿Que?

In which of these green lines have you not been democratically engaging?

upload_2019-3-26_9-7-9.png

Have you not been electing your MP?

Have you not been electing your MEP?

Have you not been electing the UK's representative on the European Council?

Have you not been electing the UK's representatives on the Council of Ministers?

Then dont vote.
We do not directly elect May or Thatcher but you support them.

Have you not been electing your MEP?

Who in this country actually knows who their MEP is or what they do?
Its one of the causes of Brexit -there is little knowledge or interest, so its natural to be negative, especially when the Tory government direct the blame for austerity on Immigration and the EU.
I heard a chap on LBS this morning, bitterly complaining how the 'remain biased lot in parliament want to thwart the will of the people' -how main complaint was that his daughter simply cant afford to buy a house 'because of all the immigrants'.

There is lot of anger from people in Northern towns that voted Brexit -and all I hear is remainers that live in the South with well paid jobs showing them a total lack of sympathy, saying 'well you got what you voted for, you are stupid' -how does that help anybody.

Austerity has had a huge effect. I suspect areas where austerity hit the hardest voted leave.

Anybody who cares.

Not anybody who doesn't care.

You're in the second group.

I bet you think it's someone else's fault.

The Speaker - chosen amongst themselves
Second chamber - appointed
PM - chosen amongst themselves
UKcrats - appointed
Head of State - unelected

And any 'representatives' elected by us are done under an archaic FPTP system!

Yep, we can sure show the EU a thing or two about 'democracy' :LOL:

I do
Its one of the causes of Brexit -there is little knowledge
Indeed!
I heard a chap on LBS this morning, bitterly complaining how the 'remain biased lot in parliament want to thwart the will of the people' -how main complaint was that his daughter simply cant afford to buy a house 'because of all the immigrants'.
That's the ignorance for you.
There is lot of anger from people in Northern towns that voted Brexit -and all I hear is remainers that live in the South with well paid jobs showing them a total lack of sympathy, saying 'well you got what you voted for, you are stupid' -how does that help anybody.
Wrongly directed anger...
I have historically voted for options that may not well have been personally beneficial, but may have helped those in those 'Northern towns' (and other neglected areas)...
However I am now in that group having a 'total lack of sympathy', because they have not only shot themselves in the foot, but they are going to drag all of us down with them!

All our children/grand children will have their life choices severely limited due to brexiteer ignorance!

I see Rice-Pudd is standing on his head today, but hasn't yet explained the benefits he has given the country by his last two years of destructive extremism.

But with a majority voting to leave and we haven’t because of them squabbling, they quite clearly aren’t representing the wishes of the majority.

The simple answer would be that you wouldn’t ask the public to choose on that issue but as they did ask us to choose, who are these 'experts' you talk of that are now going to decide for us because we apparently made the wrong choice - the same 'experts' that fiddle their expenses because £77k a year isn’t enough for them?

I see Rice-Pudd is standing on his head today, but hasn't yet explained the benefits he has given the country by his last two years of destructive extremism.
The corrupt b astard is simply weighing up his chances of getting the top job, whilst making sure he gets the biggest financial gain possible...

He doesn't give a flying fig about anyone else!

Please make an intelligent, well-argued case that such ignorance is the fault of the EU, and therefore a valid reason for leaving.

Its one of the causes of Brexit -there is little knowledge or interest, so its natural to be negative, especially when the Tory government direct the blame for austerity on Immigration and the EU.
Please make an intelligent, well-argued case that that is the fault of the EU, and therefore a valid reason for leaving.

Please make an intelligent, well-argued case that our dysfunctional housing market is the fault of the EU, and therefore a valid reason for leaving.

Please make an intelligent, well-argued case that people voting to leave the EU for reasons which are nothing to do with the EU and making their situation even worse at the same time was a clever and well-informed thing to do.

Sponsored Links
Back