measuring accurately ...

Sponsored Links
If you are measuring the width of a door frame or window then measure near the bottom, the centre and the top as the frame could be bowed.
And as stated, measure twice, cut once and always to the waste side. You can always trim excess off but its dammed hard gluing sawdust back on!! LOL!

If you are measuring the width of a door frame or window then measure near the bottom, the centre and the top as the frame could be bowed.
And as stated, measure twice, cut once and always to the waste side. You can always trim excess off but its dammed hard gluing sawdust back on!! LOL!

Is there another way to measure for a door?

Is there another way to measure for a door?

1. Get the Misses to do it
2. Get somebody to do it who knows what they are doing
3. With bits of string and sticks
4. With chewing gum
5. By eye
5. Use the spread between thumb and index finger
6. Jamb door up against frame and mark frame shape on it. This I would say is the most accurate way to fit the door.
7. Etc

Hanging a door and furniture is one of the DIY'ers most technically challenging jobs to do. Building kitchens,plumbing,tiling etc., are a lot easier.

Sponsored Links
I cannot believe a tradesmen didn't know that the the float on the tapes 'tang' as it is known, is to enable internal and external measurements to be taken without the need make adjustments for the thickness of the tang! :oops:

But a good quality tape measure should always be used, due to the rigidity built into them.

Tapes are for neanderthals.
I use a Hilti PD32.

They any better than when they first came out?
Was easier to guess :D

Sponsored Links
Back