Mega flo again.

How do you expect a mains supply with just 16 li/min open pipe to supply more than one shower?

Don't you smell a rat when you have 2.0 bar pressure at the inlet and 2.5 bar at the outlet?

If you are expecting to use 75 li/min @ 3.0 bar then you should expect some serious improvements to your supply pipework and hot water storage.

Tony

Sponsored Links
How do you expect a mains supply with just 16 li/min open pipe to supply more than one shower?

Don't you smell a rat when you have 2.0 bar pressure at the inlet and 2.5 bar at the outlet?

If you are expecting to use 75 li/min @ 3.0 bar then you should expect some serious improvements to your supply pipework and hot water storage.

Tony

Sorry i have no idea what you mean? And this? "Don't you smell a rat when you have 2.0 bar pressure at the inlet and 2.5 bar at the outlet?"

I thought 16li/min was ok/

We only have 2 bar on the 3rd floor where the megaflo is and only at peak times, and the megaflo is at 2.5 - 3.0 I assumed because its hot water it has a higher pressure. When the incoming (again on the 3rd floor is at its best 3.0 after the 3 bar PRV then so is the megflo.

Sponsored Links
We're fitting a few of these this summer for some bigger places in London...

Attachments

• Greatwater BAM & Accumulator.pdf
    777 KB · Views: 182
We're fitting a few of these this summer for some bigger places in London...

Thats exactly the same as i am going with its by the same company under another website "boost a main"

Oh we re adding in a
Provess Composite Water Accumulator 300L

I thought 16li/min was ok/

Pin 5 thinks you already have an accumulator!

There is a huge difference been an open pipe flow rate of 16 li/min and a dynamic flow rate of 16 li/min @ 1.0 bar.

Try running your shower and then taking 16 li/min ( admittedly open pipe ) from each of two other taps to simulate running two other showers and you will probably be disappointed with your existing shower.

If you do get an accumulator fitted be sure that you get the installer to explain clearly to you how long they will boost your pressure for at your chosen consumption.

Pin 5 thinks you already have an accumulator!

There is a huge difference been an open pipe flow rate of 16 li/min and a dynamic flow rate of 16 li/min @ 1.0 bar.

Try running your shower and then taking 16 li/min ( admittedly open pipe ) from each of two other taps to simulate running two other showers and you will probably be disappointed with your existing shower.

If you do get an accumulator fitted be sure that you get the installer to explain clearly to you how long they will boost your pressure for at your chosen consumption.

Yes when running all 3 showers it is disappointing, its quite rare but will be more common as the kids age and why not do it now to benefit.

The Provess Composite Water Accumulator will be a 300L and will be plenty for us, working with the boost a main pump it should be excellent.

Our megaflo is 300L and we have never run out of hot water

Do you imagine that the accumulator will give you 300 li of pressure boosted water?

Just one of your showers at 16 li/min will use up 300 li of water in 18.75 minutes.

With three of your 16 li/min showers on together that will be reduced to just 6.25 minutes!

Tony

No I don't.

Are you using the Provess Composite Water Accumulators that the pump company supply as they sound a good option and a 10 year guarantee is a nice bit of "peace of mind"
or do you recommend another Accumulator that you will be using with the same pump we are both talking about

Yes the 600 and 337L

Do you imagine that the accumulator will give you 300 li of pressure boosted water?

Just one of your showers at 16 li/min will use up 300 li of water in 18.75 minutes.

With three of your 16 li/min showers on together that will be reduced to just 6.25 minutes!

Tony

The 337 litres will be augmenting the 16 l/min.

Are you using the Provess Composite Water Accumulators that the pump company supply as they sound a good option and a 10 year guarantee is a nice bit of "peace of mind"
or do you recommend another Accumulator that you will be using with the same pump we are both talking about

I'm using them as a package, so both the composite accumulator and the loading pump. The larger of the projects is getting a brace of the 660's. But that house will also have a 50mm water main most likely at 3ish bar.

When a flow is taken from your cylinder the pressure at the outlet can only be lower than the pressure at the inlet.

When no flow is taken and the water is being heated then the pressure in the cylinder can rise above the inlet pressure due to expansion. But that slight increase disappears immediately any flow is taken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back