Mega flo again.

On the mains feed to the cylinder there should be a combination valve that has a lever valve and a strainer. Google megaflo combination valve if you're unsure of what it looks like. Turn the water off and unscrew the strainer. I bet it's full of crap. Do you get a good flow rate and pressure from the cold at the kitchen sink?

Sponsored Links
Dan's YouTube vids are what convinced me on the benefits of an accumulator (sorry, pressure vessel!).

Speaking to boost a main, it seems the higher your incoming water mains pressure, the less capacity vessel you can get away with. Overnight, my mains shoots up to about 6 bar. May be worth checking yours as that would save on the cost of needing a pump.

I very much doubt that the strainer is blocked already as the combination valve was replaced recently.

That information is given in earlier pages of this long thread.

Tony

Dan's YouTube vids are what convinced me on the benefits of an accumulator (sorry, pressure vessel!).

Speaking to boost a main, it seems the higher your incoming water mains pressure, the less capacity vessel you can get away with. Overnight, my mains shoots up to about 6 bar. May be worth checking yours as that would save on the cost of needing a pump.

Hi.

We get max 3.5 on the main incoming at 1am, so we are now committed to boost a main and a 300L accumulator, Ill update the thread in a few days as we also have plumber that has fitted the system before putting it in..

Sponsored Links
Please do update on how it performs and what (if any) ongoing maintenance there is of the system. Not sure if you're allowed to, but a ballpark figure of cost (plus installation) would be useful too (PM me if you prefer). I'm very interested in doing similar. Thanks.

peter willimas,have you asked your water supply company about your water supply flow rates ?

They can supply previous (mains water flow) rates and future predicted mains water flow rates on a 24 hour 7 day graph.These rates are for the mains only but will give you a good idea if they keep their flow constant or not. it will cost ££ you to obtain these details.

Has your property been modified since being built including any change to any water outlets ? as usually a property on mains water only is designed to the available water mains flow rate.(diversity rules apply).

Your installation is of the higher demand and As mentioned by others,you need to a have periodic inspection,cleaning all filters,temperature testing,flow rate testing and a written report of your water system.With this the water company will take more notice of your call for help.

Good luck :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back