Mega flo again.

When no flow is taken and the water is being heated then the pressure in the cylinder can rise above the inlet pressure due to expansion. But that slight increase disappears immediately any flow is taken.

The loading pump takes the accumulator up to 6 bar.

Sponsored Links
When a flow is taken from your cylinder the pressure at the outlet can only be lower than the pressure at the inlet.

When no flow is taken and the water is being heated then the pressure in the cylinder can rise above the inlet pressure due to expansion. But that slight increase disappears immediately any flow is taken.

Ok

OP, I think at this point it may be advisable to get a plumber in that has experience with advanced hot and cold water systems to do a survey, perform a pipe sizing and design exercise to see what your current system is capable of, what may be achievable and go through all the options that may be available and applicable to your situation.

Only way to ensure you get what you need.

Sponsored Links
OP, I think at this point it may be advisable to get a plumber in that has experience with advanced hot and cold water systems to do a survey, perform a pipe sizing and design exercise to see what your current system is capable of, what may be achievable and go through all the options that may be available and applicable to your situation.

Only way to ensure you get what you need.

Indeed.

And as has been mentioned before - you should put limiters on the outlets where possible too - especially the kids showers... If they're ensuite. No point having everything luxurious.

BTW - I had to change the name to "Pressure Vessel" in the title because a certain other company that has some form of patent on the term accumulator were being arses and threatening legal action.

They will no longer be sold by us.

Have a word with Brett Benson at Great Water and ask him if he can put you in touch with some one - he's involved with a few groups of plumbers from all over the country and is bound to know someone who can help.

Tell him I sent you (my real name is in my signature).

I have been speaking with Brett a lot! A hell of a lot and unfortunately there is nobody he has in the north, somebody is missing a trick with there kit up here.

I got to Brett though a company down south unvented something, thats not you guys is it?

Actually just found your website! Different company but both know Brett, it is as you say a small world

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back