Megaflo cold water combination valve & TPRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Many thanks in advance for all the helpful advice received.

I have 2 questions about repressurising the air bubble - I'm not a plumber.

I have a Megaflo 250HE. I want to repressure the air bubble in the cylinder.

1. I need to shut off the cold water feed to the cylinder so do I use the black arm on the cold water combination valve to do this?

2. How do I open the TPR valve, i.e. does it twist clockwise / anti-clockwise or does it pull out slightly?

It is serviced annually, but the recent service engineer did not repressurise the bubble as he said the tank would need to be drained down and refilled for this purpose. I suppose time constraints prevented him from doing this and I aksi thought it could be done without draining and refilling.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your advice.

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
Yes, just turn off the black switch on the combi valve. TPRV valve turn (hard) anti clockwise to open. You will need to hold it manually open whilst you restore the air bubble.

Edit. The tank does NOT need to be drained, and it will take 3 mins tops!!

Sponsored Links
Thank you Newcastle88 and powell30 for your replies. It is great to find people willing to take the time to share their knowledge.

Regards.

Mutley56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back