Megaflo D70 1 Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Megaflo D70. Should it be able to keep up with the use of 1 shower continuously? We seems to run out of water after a 10 minute shower at the moment. I don’t think there is another boiler in the system - should there be? ... the property has electricity only.

Yc2zzBah.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well the short answer would be: at 7 litres per minute for hot only, out of your shower, it will all be used up after 10 mins.

7 x 10 = 70 litres. Then you have to wait for it to regenerate up to temp again.

Bigger cylinder or shorter showers!

Well the short answer would be: at 7 litres per minute for hot only, out of your shower, it will all be used up after 10 mins.

7 x 10 = 70 litres. Then you have to wait for it to regenerate up to temp again.

Bigger cylinder or shorter showers!

Ok - that makes sense - cheers.

You'd get a mix of cold and hot, adjusted automatically if using a thermostatic shower. You could reduce the temp on the shower to use less hot, or you could increase the temp of the cylinder to allow you to use less hot at the same shower temp.

Sponsored Links
Just timed the shower properly and looks like it's 5 minutes only! We have never recharged the pressure relief valve - ever - so we have a drip too... will try and fix that. I guess this does not really affect the hot water capacity though - is that correct?

Just timed the shower properly and looks like it's 5 minutes only! We have never recharged the pressure relief valve - ever - so we have a drip too... will try and fix that. I guess this does not really affect the hot water capacity though - is that correct?
How do you plan to re-charge a pressure relief valve ????

A pressure relief valve is a spring loaded valve that lifts off its seat at a designed pressure, nothing to re pressurise on one

I think his point is that on a Megaflo tank, with an internal expansion bubble, the recharge procedure involves opening the Pressure Relief Valve.

I think his point is that on a Megaflo tank, with an internal expansion bubble, the recharge procedure involves opening the Pressure Relief Valve.
Just out of interest... is this required because small amounts of water can be left inside the bubble each time it expands and contracts and over time this accumulates to the point where the bubble’s capacity is negligible?

If the bubble is depleted, there will be no room for the expansion of water as it heats up. This will result in a discharge from your pressure relief valve (a safety feature) everytime you heat your cylinder, which is far from ideal. An alternative is to fit an external potable expansion vessel.

Back to original question... If you measure how many litres per minute you get from your shower head when on fully HOT (thermo setting) you'll get an idea of how long it will take to exhaust your stored supply of hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back