Megaflo leak - not sure which component this is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have a megaflo cylinder and today noticed our heating hadn't come on. Checking the cylinder the pressure was almost zero and there was a slow drip drip drip leak from the top of the black plastic component - does anybody know what this is and why it might be leaking?
Screenshot_20220127-225309_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220127-225256_Gallery.jpg

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thank you - do you know if we can refill the system to get the pressure up and heating on until we can get a plumber tomorrow? Or is that a bad idea?

Hi,

I'm only a DIY'er, so I may be wrong.
But given the inherent risks of an 'unvented' system, I would not consider refilling it.
I'm sorry, but wrap yourself up warm and wait for the G3 engineer to guarantee the system is safe!
Good luck! :)

Sponsored Links
Good point we've found a few local engineers on the gas safe site that are qualified to work on unvented so will give them a ring in the morning.
Cheers.

Last edited:
See if the black plastic cap will tighten (like a tyre valve cap) and stops weeping. If it does, you can then recharge system until it can be swapped for a manual valve.

As long as safety devices are intact, it'll be fine against overpressure . Get the cylinder serviced by the G3 when he's there... Good to have this checked annually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back