Megaflo - low pressure from shower after bubble recharge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recharged the air bubble in our megaflo a few weeks ago. Since then the pressure coming from our shower seems lower than normal (and temperature of water lower too).

I normally let the megaflo gurgle for 30-60mins when recharging, before I get bored. But this time I let it go for a couple of hours at least. It was still gurgling after this time (but much less than when I first started recharging).

Other hot taps in the house seem to still have a decent hot water pressure, although can’t be certain as it’s quite difficult to compare each tap. The shower head is slightly higher than all other hot water taps, so maybe this it making the drop in pressure more apparent? Or maybe the shower mixer is just broken and the megaflo recharge is a complete red herring!

Any thoughts on how I can get the shower pressure nice and high again?!

cheer
Andy

Sponsored Links
Recharge it properly don’t leave it so long only till the water stops coming out then open nearest hot tap and recharge till water comes out then shut tap I’ve never had any trouble. Bob

usually only takes 10 -15mins max, you are doing something wrong

Interesting. I’ve just recharged again, but not made a difference. This time it only took 5 minutes for the gurgling to stop. At my sink next to the shower the hot and cold pressures are the same. However at the shower the hot is a lot weaker than the cold. It is my understanding that the hot water should be mains pressure?

cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
If the pressure at the taps is the same then time to check the shower, filters/valves/head/hose etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back