Megger 1552 fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
managed to blow a fuse :(

data sheet says they are:
Replaceable 500 mA (F) HBC 10 kA 500 V

however inside was a:
siba F500 mA 600v and a spare (thankfully)

tried everywhere so fa and cant find a replacement - can any1 help?

Sponsored Links
32 mm x 6 mm

thought they would be easy to find out of mft but proving a little difficult

Sponsored Links
The breaking capacity @ 500v 1.5kA is significantly lower than meggers recommendations though of 10kA for compliance with their spec for a meter. maybe RS have alternatives? or it may need a call direct to Siba for a list of UK dealers for that specific rated fuse?
edit
just missed Sparks addendum and agree that a call to megger themselves is probably the best bet as they know what is needed to make their meter comply with the standard its been given.

You can buy the fuses direct from Megger on-line, you will need to register.
They are rather expensive and the shipping charge is high so it pays to buy quite a few.

2 packs of five cost £21.66 + VAT + £7.00 delivery total £33.67 :eek:

Dont be fooled into paying Megger silly amounts of money for a simple fuse £33.67 is daylight robbery!!! Do your homework - RS do them at £6 each

just re-read the previous post - 2 packs of 5 for £33.67 (£3.36 each) is pritty good! As previously said - look around!

Its not so much putting a "simple fuse" in these days and especially in a calibrated meter what with everything having to comply with standards or warranties being affected.

What wold be the point in paying extra for a meter that is approved for the work intended only to compromise that approval by scrimping on a £3 fuse?

checked there site and a pack of 5 comes in at £20 about £4 a fuse so not as bad

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2099276 is about the biggest HRC I can find from the normal places, it is 10kA @ 440v. Maybe worth phoning megger and asking them to send you some.

I know this is a old post but i have just seen it.

The fuses from the link above are the correct ones. The 440v fuses are for the 20 & 25 amp range, below this are 500v.

The prise is £0.308 each or £3.08 for 10 and this is what i buy them at.

They are prity much standard in most testers these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back