Melting Adapter & Tripping - Cause?

No - I do not recall anything being in that hole. In fact I have never noticed it really. I do see your point now! The unit is also low down and although in a cupboard, is quite accessible to wondering fingers from kids, so thanks for pointing that out!

I also see your point about the issues having a number of different possible causes, so it seems an electric check is what is called for...

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
The bus bar does have a yellow cover so not too bad.

The recall was for 6 10 16A with signs of melting.

Sponsored Links
The bus bar does have a yellow cover so not too bad.
Yes, it could be worse. However, although the 'peg' of the bus bar certainly has a yellow cover, we can't see whether the bus bar itself is adequately protected - and, in any event, I would certainly not want to rely on 'little fingers' (alone, or aided with 'tools'!) not being able to find their way to the terminal/screws of the adjacent devices, or something else live!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back