Messenger sign in problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm selling an old laptop but before I do I'd like to delete the names in the drop down list that appears on the Messenger sign in screen.
Does anybody know how to do it?

Sponsored Links
And be aware that will erase the entire disk before you follow such advice..

I won't be following that advice, thank you very much.
I managed to get it sorted last night. The laptop has XP Pro, I downloaded the latest version of Messenger and that has an option to "forget me".

Sponsored Links
If I were you I'd get the license key off it and do a fresh install. It's generally a very bad idea to sell a computer without at least performing a reinstall.

I think a fresh installation is good advice also. Removes almost all possibility of anyone being able to get into your history on the computer, espeically if any online banking or credit card stuff was done previously?
Also it'll make the computer more attractive to the buyer and generally cleaner.

I think a fresh installation is good advice also. Removes almost all possibility of anyone being able to get into your history on the computer, espeically if any online banking or credit card stuff was done previously?

A fresh install won't do that, but it prevents the casual user from finding things.

Back