metal ceiling rose

Sponsored Links
I used this one and this version
LDMC11E.JPG
has an earth connection, as to if the earth is made through the chain I would not think so, the paint would stop it, but there is an earth, however at £20.28 little on the expensive side.

It did want I wanted, it allows you to wire everything without having to hold the weight of the fitting, then once all is wired you simply slide it into place.

Sponsored Links
I've purchased some of these metal ceiling roses and there is no place inside to connect an earth cable.
Looking at the photo there is no need for one - there's a plastic insert around an insulated and sheathed cable.

I'm assuming that they need one since they are metal and will house the lighting circuit wiring in Wago connectors.
If you choose to use one in a way which is not safe to use then that is down to you.

Cheers Rocky, that looks like just what is needed. Theres a metal nut for inside the fitting that would hold this down onto the fitting...perfik!

BAN-AS.....please enlighten me as to what the safe way would be...these do not screw into a plastic terminal like a traditional rose and no terminal box is provided. So how else would you make the circuit if not using some form of cable connectors?

For information: There is a hoop look to attach the assemble to the ceiling so that the connectors are not taking the strain

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
BAN-AS.....please enlighten me as to what the safe way would be...these do not screw into a plastic terminal like a traditional rose and no terminal box is provided. So how else would you make the circuit if not using some form of cable connectors?
By forming the connections outside of the rose, and/or inside another enclosure.

By forming the connections outside of the rose, and/or inside another enclosure.

But there is no rose...this is the enclosure. There are other fittings that don't use a standard 2 part pendant rose...hundreds I believe!

I've purchased some of these metal ceiling roses
Creative Cables said:
Ceiling rose, 10cm diameter ....

But there is no rose...
o_O:confused:

As sold, it is clear that no earth connection is needed. Does it have any instructions about putting connector blocks inside it?

My point is that if you decide to take a decorative metal item and to put electrical connectors into it then the lack of an earth connection isn't really the maker's responsibility.

You don't have to have the connections made inside that metal cup - they could easily be made in an enclosure above the ceiling and a flex taken down through the ceiling and the rose. Or you could make them inside an enclosure within the rose.

Were I doing this my preference would be for the first option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back