Metal rose fitting lights in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother bought a new light fixture for her kitchen. The electrician said he can't fit it as the rose in the middle is metal and as she has not had or going to have the whole house rewired he won't do it. I have tried to find a plastic one but can't apart from a long fluorescent strip light has anyone any ideas or reasons why he won't do this is it to do with an earth wire
Thanks

Sponsored Links
In some older properties the lighting circuits were ran with no cpc (earth). This is ok for class 2 equipment, but you are wanting to install a metal light fitting that may become live under fault conditions. This does not comply with the regulations and is a safety issue. This is why the electrician is right by not installing the light fitting!

Thank you for clarifying.
Any idea then what can be fitted as even strip lighting (there was one taken down) is metal :?:

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much, I am afraid the lights on the link are not really what we would want in the kitchen but at least I now know I am looking for one that doesn't need an earth.
:)

The link was just to show that class 2 lights are readily available. I'm sure you will be able to find one in the style you prefer!

Happy hunting! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back