Microbore slightly flattened

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried to straighten some microbore that runs into the wall as i need to fit and new outlet TRV to the radiator but where i have stratighened it the bit near the wall has slightly flattened to fit new pipe i would need to knock a small hole in the wall to do so, or is there a way of making it round again or can i fit a compression elbow to put it back into shape.

Sponsored Links
You can usually make it slightly less oval and more square by squeezing CAREFULLY to give a larger crossection area.

But unless its badly squashed then its probably not that important.

Tony

It isnt too bad its noticeable if you look at it but it more slightly egg shaped would it be better to fit a compression elbow or push fit

Whatever you do, don't fit a pushfit joint if it's even slightly oval..

Sponsored Links
My only other option is compression do you think that will be alright as i cant really solder due to where it is unless i make a hole in the wall which i dont want to do as i have just had the room redecorated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back