Micromark 9490A - test mode sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me I know plenty about alarms and I'm asking you where you got the information and why 'mains first'.
No you don't. You are simply posting to try and argue. Stick to plastering.

Sponsored Links
Believe me I know plenty about alarms and I'm asking you where you got the information and why 'mains first'. I'm quite capable of understanding the electronics theory on any level you choose - so let's hear it. Why mains - why not battery? (as the manufacturers stipulate).

as much as I would enjoy a debate about the relative merits of software boot proggrames there would be no point having it with you, change your log in name to chicken little and stick to running round saying the skys falling in

this is what we do, this is what the manfs technical departments tell US to do, this is what works - if you cannot understand the difference between a clean load and a corrupted data dump then that is not my problem

wasnt it shower rooms you were dismising the experts advice on last week?

An expert is someone that follws the instructions for the equipment in use - something that you are failing to do.

To suggest that the manufacturer is giving you advice over the phone contrary to advice in the engineer manual is bizarre.

I ask you again:

What is the benefit of booting 'mains first'?

I expect a technical reply.

Simply saying 'you've been told' is neither convincing nor accurate.

You are advising non-technical posters to work with mains voltages and it simply isn't necessary nor desirable. Now give me the technical reason for your advice - failure to do so will indicate that you have no technical knowledge.

An expert is someone that follws the instructions for the equipment in use - something that you are failing to do.

To suggest that the manufacturer is giving you advice over the phone contrary to advice in the engineer manual is bizarre.

wtf you on about - its standard practise in the pro market

I ask you again:

er - makes the panel work again?

You are advising non-technical posters to work with mains voltages and it simply isn't necessary nor desirable. Now give me the technical reason for your advice - failure to do so will indicate that you have no technical knowledge.

er you saying "non technical posters" cant operate a switch or a fuse? have I said do it with the cover off? (or did I say "take it back to the STATE it was before the power came back on with the dead battery removed.........")

yes very clever Joe - I`m not a software designer or a systems engineer, I`m an alarm installer / service / fault finder so no I won`t be posting a "technical reason" but unlike you I can post advice that helps rather than haunting internet forums squaking on about "whats in the manual.." as if I nievly believed that all the relevant technical information is there like a printed book - it isnt it comes from years of doing these things, you should look at your life again, you waste far too many hours reading forums looking for manuals - get a new hobby you can really excell at, plane spotting?

Sponsored Links
EXPERT

Almost everyone uses the brakes on their car as per the manual to avoid hitting the car in front... These are expert USERS

Few know how they work... These are EXPERTS

Even fewer know how to repair them... These are USEFUL EXPERTS

Then we get into the world of genius where the expert can write the manual after examining the system and the way it works.

wtf you on about - its standard practise in the pro market

I ask you again:

er - makes the panel work again?

er you saying "non technical posters" cant operate a switch or a fuse? have I said do it with the cover off? (or did I say "take it back to the STATE it was before the power came back on with the dead battery removed.........")

yes very clever Joe - I`m not a software designer or a systems engineer, I`m an alarm installer / service / fault finder so no I won`t be posting a "technical reason" but unlike you I can post advice that helps rather than haunting internet forums squaking on about "whats in the manual.." as if I nievly believed that all the relevant technical information is there like a printed book - it isnt it comes from years of doing these things, you should look at your life again, you waste far too many hours reading forums looking for manuals - get a new hobby you can really excell at, plane spotting?

In other words you don't know why you apply mains first. You are just making it all up. Stick to what the manual tells you (if you actually have any manuals) and no-one will get hurt. No panels will be ruined by voltage spikes.

I knew you were a blagger - and your post has proved it.

EXPERT

Almost everyone uses the brakes on their car as per the manual to avoid hitting the car in front... These are expert USERS

Few know how they work... These are EXPERTS

Even fewer know how to repair them... These are USEFUL EXPERTS

Then we get into the world of genius where the expert can write the manual after examining the system and the way it works.

There's nothing complex about a set of brakes, Bernard. I could write such a manual without any problem.

In other words you don't know why you apply mains first. You are just making it all up. Stick to what the manual tells you (if you actually have any manuals) and no-one will get hurt. No panels will be ruined by voltage spikes.

I knew you were a blagger - and your post has proved it.

no Joe, all my post has proved is your an argumentative T#T who has no advice to post but a need to be heard.

You can`t seem to accept the fact that cause the manual doesnt tell you how to deal with a problem there is a solution to the same problem, now if you have been around as long as you say think back to the old 9800`s - what did they used to say on the orange sticker in the back of the panel?

"panels that appear faulty can often be repaired by following the reboot procedure.................." and how did you reboot?

the fact is you latch onto a topic and argue against the advice given not because the advice is wrong or because you have better advice (shower enclosures springs to mind) but because you think it makes you look bigger and more knowledgable than you really are, if this was a medical forum there would be someone who could name the problem you suffer from, instead we all have to suffer you, its boorish and infantile - grow up

In other words you have no answer as to why a voltage through a voltage regulator via the mains (all lumpy) is superior to a steady smooth voltage from a battery (as the manuals tell you).

Let's face it - you are way out of your depth here.

Spotted this elsewhere sometime ago, thought it appropriate

Definition of an expert

ex - as in, has been

spurt - as in, drip under pressure

Courtesy of Micky Spillane...

In other words you have no answer as to why a voltage through a voltage regulator via the mains (all lumpy) is superior to a steady smooth voltage from a battery (as the manuals tell you)

The supply is from the all lumpy mains via the voltage regulator and in most cases the supply from the battery is also via a voltage regulator ( in many designs the same voltage regulator) . This is necessary to protect the circuits from the over voltage that occurs if the battery is removed while its charger is still active.

Gets complicated when the charger has a battery failed / missing detector that inputs that "fault" to the processor, a facility that may not appear in any manuals other than the repair manual for the PCB.

Let's face it - you are way out of your depth here.

no Joe, I am passing on my little tips and tricks - you are just arguing for the sake of it, go seek proffesional advice for your problems, there are people out there waiting for your call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back