Microwave - bulb gone?

Thanks: will probably cart it round a high street electrical shop - if such shops exist much longer - & ask them to replace the bulb - or it's to a charity shop. I am not tampering with & taking the whole back off a microwave just to replace a bulb :eek:

Eh, it shouldn't be that hard. I have one apart on my desk right now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks: will probably cart it round a high street electrical shop - if such shops exist much longer - & ask them to replace the bulb - or it's to a charity shop. I am not tampering with & taking the whole back off a microwave just to replace a bulb :eek:
... or you could just live with it not having a light. I was brought up with gas cookers, and don't remember it making cooking in the oven impossible :)

Kind Regards, John

How do you know if it's safe or leaking microwaves all round the kitchen after though?

:eek:

How do you know if it's safe or leaking microwaves all round the kitchen after though?

:eek:

Using a microwave leakage detector. Quite common place now when pat testing microwaves to also carry out this test.

Sponsored Links
Do you have the instruction book?

Can you post a picture of the inside of the oven where the lamp is and the corresponding area outside?

Do you have the instruction book?

Can you post a picture of the inside of the oven where the lamp is and the corresponding area outside?

The interior photo was posted [above on this thread] at Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 pm. I think the lamp is on the right behind a sort of grille. There is a funny little compartment in the ceiling where I thought the lamp house was, but on removing the cover it is a hollow cavity. Maybe the lamp used to be up there on earlier models?

No, I've moved & taken the microwave with me, so the manual has gone west with the setting sun unfortunately.

Video showing where one might find the lamp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKgI3xLs8s

The cover you found is over the waveguide from the magnetron. You'll want to tuck that back in place.

Obviously, unplug first, if there's a transformer or a large metal can down the side, don't touch them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back