Miele Dishwasher G1143sc - how to dismantle /remove lower rear panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27466575@N03/51067975588/in/dateposted-public/

I am replacing the Inlet Hose with its built-in valve (Aquastop).

So far I've removed the rear, side and (outer only) rear panels. But the Inlet hose connects inside the machine. I think I need to get behind the lower rear panel panel, as attached. Or maybe I need to put the Miele G1143sc dishwasher machine on its side and remove its bottom floor to get inside, from underneath. The panel I've ringed on the attached photo in yellow appears to be soldered / spot welded to the whole back of the machine.

Any tips would be appreciated on how I can get to fit the hose would be appreciated or just if and how I should / can get behind the panel in the photograph.

Sponsored Links
Good and bad news. Lying the machine on its side, and by removing (only) the bottom from underneath I've replaced the the Inlet (Aquastop) hose and removed and cleaned the drain hose. I've also replaced the non-return valve. Alas, this hasn't fixed the problem. So I am still getting the Inlet / Drain warning light flashing then becoming solid. I dunno what more I can try but I would like to see this through to the end.

The problem is fixed, for now. The issue appears to have been caused by a faulty Flow Meter Circuit Board (FMCB) that is accessed by removing the left hand side panel of the dishwasher. The FMCB is about 1.5" long by 0.5" inches tall and is connected by two orange wires.

Tapping the FMCB hard a few times, then re-inserting it in it's holder, cured the problem. I suspect the fix may only be temporary. I've heard a Reed Switch or Diode on the FMCB can stick with wear. I'm thinking if it's stuck once it can stick again. So I'll replace the £38 FMCB as soon as the one I've ordered arrives.

It seems replacing the Inlet (Aquastop) hose and the replacing the non-return valve were not necessary. C'est la vie and I'm pleased the dishwasher is now working.

The problem is fixed, for now. The issue appears to have been caused by a faulty Flow Meter Circuit Board (FMCB) that is accessed by removing the left hand side panel of the dishwasher. The FMCB is about 1.5" long by 0.5" inches tall and is connected by two orange wires.

Tapping the FMCB hard a few times, then re-inserting it in it's holder, cured the problem. I suspect the fix may only be temporary. I've heard a Reed Switch or Diode on the FMCB can stick with wear. I'm thinking if it's stuck once it can stick again. So I'll replace the £38 FMCB as soon as the one I've ordered arrives.

It seems replacing the Inlet (Aquastop) hose and the replacing the non-return valve were not necessary. C'est la vie and I'm pleased the dishwasher is now working.
Hi,

Were are you getting the replacement from. I need one and cannot find one anywhere.

Sponsored Links
In March 2021, Miele told me the part number was 5544031 replacing 5544030.

Have you tried UKWhitegoods, eSpares, Spares2Repair Ransomes and even Miele itself. Goggle today shows a website MK Spares that refers to Ireland but I couldn't access that site easily.

Today Google shows the part at GBP64.61 plus carriage at another N Ireland website "quinnspares".

I don't have the details of who I actually bought the part from.

Good luck

People often sell used/reconditioned parts on eBay - I normally break my old Miele washing machines (which I buy used in the first place) and normally get back more than I paid for them.
The dishwasher (bought used over 15 years ago has never missed a beat).

IMG_20221021_090139917.jpg

In March 2021, Miele told me the part number was 5544031 replacing 5544030.

Have you tried UKWhitegoods, eSpares, Spares2Repair Ransomes and even Miele itself. Goggle today shows a website MK Spares that refers to Ireland but I couldn't access that site easily.

Today Google shows the part at GBP64.61 plus carriage at another N Ireland website "quinnspares".

I don't have the details of who I actually bought the part from.

Good luck

Many thanks for coming back - I am returning to add my two 'penneth.

As you say, all the usual suspects were no good and even Quinns at the £64.61 came back as not available, so I telephoned Miele on 0330 160 6600.

They were fantastic. The item is out of stock until 25/10 (4 days from now) but I was able to order and it was £36.89 including taxes and shipping.

Now if only Miele put the damn thing on their own website ...... !!!

1666351641519.png

People often sell used/reconditioned parts on eBay - I normally break my old Miele washing machines (which I buy used in the first place) and normally get back more than I paid for them.
The dishwasher (bought used over 15 years ago has never missed a beat).

Yeah, I actually bought and replaced the water inlet hose and sensor thing thinking it was that and also that changing that would be easier (it wasn't) but I found someone breaking an exact model of mine on ebay.

Sadly, no-one has the part number required at the moment and for £36.89 and it being so fragile, I'd have bought it new anyway.

My guess is that an engineer (and they have to eat I agree) would want £100/150 to come out and an inflated £70/100 for the part, making a repair on an 8 year old machine uneconomical.

As it is, this will hopefully get it back working.

To round off my part of this story !

I got the part from Miele in a week or so and went to replace and noticed that more water than before was coming out of the machine when on its side. All drained and isolated as before etc.

Anyway, when I put the part in, put it back together and plugged it in, it blew the electric breaker. Reset it and it did it again. So I put the old part back in and the screen lit up and then it blew the electric.

I surmised that perhaps this was not the cause of the problem and that perhaps some water had cause the short circuit but that could only be from within the machine as there was no water near any electric outside.

Anyway, I left it a good few days and then turned it on with the new part inside. It worked and it has worked every time since with no issues.

So what did I really learn from this ? Don't waste time and effort changing the water inlet before you have invested £35 on a new reed sensor !

To round off my part of this story !

I got the part from Miele in a week or so and went to replace and noticed that more water than before was coming out of the machine when on its side. All drained and isolated as before etc.

Anyway, when I put the part in, put it back together and plugged it in, it blew the electric breaker. Reset it and it did it again. So I put the old part back in and the screen lit up and then it blew the electric.

I surmised that perhaps this was not the cause of the problem and that perhaps some water had cause the short circuit but that could only be from within the machine as there was no water near any electric outside.

Anyway, I left it a good few days and then turned it on with the new part inside. It worked and it has worked every time since with no issues.

So what did I really learn from this ? Don't waste time and effort changing the water inlet before you have invested £35 on a new reed sensor !
Talay, Well done.

Like you, I replaced the Aquastop Inlet (on 25 March 2021) as posters from other sites suggested that was the possible cause of the fault. Well maybe it could have been, but it wasn't in my case. Doesn't it feel good to have fixed the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back