Removing side & top panels of Bosch sgs43a52gb dishwashe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I want to remove the side panels on the dishwasher to access the inlet valve as the machine is not filling, although the pump works..

I cannot find out how to remove the top which needs to be done before the side panels will come off. There seem to be no screws holding it only plastic.
lugs.javascript:emoticon(':(')

On another part of this forum I had read that tipping the washer back by 45 degrees freed the float valve which can cause this problem, but not in my case so I think it must be the inlet valve at fault.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Inlet valve is on a panel on the rear. No need to remove top or sides.
As to removing the top, which is your question, look under the rear of the top, you'll see two clips that have to be depressed, at the same time, push the lid toward the rear.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I will pull it out & take a look tomorrow. Did not see the valve on the back this morning.

Hi,

Checked the inlet valve for electrical continuity & it seemed ok.

Took the side off & jiggled the 2 floats. There was also some sludge that had collected above the red (valve ?)at the top of the plastic matrix, I cleared this with wire through the vent hole. Could this have caused dishwasher not to fill properly?

Reassembled. I had to leave it for a couple of hours. When I tried it, it worked normally.

I guess that it may have flooded, probably due to too much soap powder,
& the anti flood float had stuck? Tipping machine backwards had not freed it?

Hope that it is sorted.

Sponsored Links
Very glad I came across this thread.

We had had issues with the detergent dispenser not opening. For information it is operated by a wax motor not a solenoid as I thought. (Wax expands when warmed and moves an actuator which disengages the catch on the dispenser. There are 2 wires from it and I am not sure whether that heats the wax or whether it provides some sort of feedback to the control panel. Certainly connecting mains to the wires incinerated the motor, anyway that is an aside)

I replaced the motor (Not available on its own in the UK) buying a complete detergent dispenser off a different model but which appeared to have the same motor as the correct one for my machine was 4 times the price. I fitted it but the soap dispenser did not work. I had another control panel but did not have the opportunity to fit it so for 2 weeks we were putting tablets in by hand, either lobbing them in the bottom or opening the dispenser at after the water started heating.

Then the machine stopped working. Pressed Reset and the pump was running and pumping out water but in any mode the machine kept pumping out.

I got to replacing the controller this morning which did not clear the fault. I tried to get the sides and top of the machine and could not easily see the means so looked on the web and came across this thread mentioning the possibility of a stuck float valve and tilting the machine back. I tilted the machine back and bumped it forward a few times and lo! when I switched the machine on it stopped trying to pump out. It took the command for a short cycle and appeared to complete it properly with the detergent dispenser opening (Replacement controller). Currently running an intensive cycle with dishwasher cleaner sachet.

you really need to remove the anti-flood switch float and clean it and inside the chamber it sits in. scale build up! and the wash cycle will not clean it as its on the intake side, not wash cycle side.

the problem will probably happen again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back