Miele Tumble Dryer not Heating up.

Thank you, I have bought another plug so am going to cut the old one off - as its moulded and put a new one on to see if it still heats. Also bought an rcd to put on the plug just in case.

Will let you know if the plug still heats when ive done it.

thanks again for your advice.

best
j

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have put a new plug on the machine and the wire is now not heating up!!

The machine seems to be working fine.

Thank you so much for your help, hopefully trouble free now.

Many thanks again

J

Sponsored Links
Zipper - my grateful thanks for your very helpful advice to j3stn; it enabled me to successfully remove the backplate of my Miele tumble drier (T490) - I don't think I'd have located the hidden allen bolts otherwise.

I have a similar problem - machine working but without heat, so I'm trying to access the thermostat and heating element to test them with a multimeter. However now that I've removed the backplate I'm faced with a metal casing as shown in the image below.......I can feel the heating element inside the narrow recess but am wondering how to get further into the machine to test the parts.

I've started a fresh topic on this subject but thought I might have a better chance of reaching you if I also added to this thread. If you've any thoughts I'd be most grateful.

Thank you
Chris

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back