Miele W308 removing the controller PCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just trying to sort out my Miele Novotronic W308 washing machine with the flashing "rinses" light problem ie. motor not rotating. I've removed the top and front panel of the machine and found the motor brushes worn so I'll replace anyway.

I'd like to check the controller PCB. I can't see how to gain access, anyone got any ideas?

Regards Paul C.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I pull the white knob off and use the orange lever inside the soap drawer.

The acrylic panel has small flat metal springs at the bottom and you can stick it into the top and lever it down. If you use a screwdriver then you can damage the white plastic lip. The acrylic panel is also quite fragile.

Here is a video where they have used a knife but once that panel is off then two torx screws hold the panel in place on the left and right.

Oh this pcb doesn't seem to have the same issues with the fuse and the relay like the w828 etc.

I have found this pcb's problems tend to be that it blows up (The power supply section).

Sponsored Links
Thank you RichardMNZ the video makes everything clear, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words! As regards the PCB, if it's still working it's unlikely to be the relay as I guess the Power Supply blowing with cause the whole PCB to stop working.

I did measure the motor impedance between pins 3 and 4 it was about 3 ohms, but I think one brush was barely making contact as it was only about 1cm long. I put 12V across pins 3 & 4 with a current limited Power Supply, but the motor drew no current so I guess the brush wasn't making a good enough contact with the commutator to take any current.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back