Miele W715

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi We own a Miele W715 Novotronic washing machine. We bought it in January 1992. It has been ok for nearly 17 years but all of a sudden the Main Wash button flashed. Normally, this means that the front filter needs cleaning which we did. However, we have now discovered that the machine does not spin at all after draining so it would appear that the main PCB board has failed.

Any advice would be most welcome

Tracey
Cornwall
UK

Sponsored Links
Hi I also have same washing machine which is also about same age and again has been brilliant until Sunday when it refused to spin clothes and now won't drain or spin at all. I have small messy kids and large messy husband and I really need my washing machine!

Any clues? It has not been spinning properly for a wee while but always spins if you manually ask it to spin once cycle complete.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated!

JCB

Faults with my Miele machines have always been due to worn out motor brushes. I suggest you check this because after 17 years use they are likely to be the cause of your problem.

Sponsored Links
beano1939, tplatt64 who posted in Sat Oct 11, is most unlikely going to reply, since jcb13 hi jacked the post Wed Oct 29 which over 2 weeks later.

So its unlikely that your reply almost a month later will be noticed by either, although what you say is probably true, neither of the above posters (and yourself) have looked in the "common appliance problems", because written in there is the fact if no spin you should check the motor brushes first.

keep up the good work but leave the old posts alone (this forum moves fast, old is a month, if it gets no replies in 4 days, its because the answer is in the sticky, or no one knows the correct answer)

:LOL: dont believe me see this you just cant win

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back