miele W844 check input warning light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The check input warning light flashes. |Water is getting into the machine but at a much slower rate. I have checked the mains water supply and it is fine.I looked at the online manual and it said to clean the inline filter which is a small nylon mesh affair. this I did and the waterflow increased slightly.
According to the manual there should be another plastic filter to pull out but there isn't. there is, what looks like a black plastic sealing disc which I suppose is a water inlet control valve. Before I start taking the machine to bits does anyone have any suggestions or do you know where i can get a maintenance manual from?

Sponsored Links
I spoke to Miele support who hadn't had this problem before they suggested i get an engineer out but they couldn't get one out before 6th Jan. I then spoke to a local service agent whose engineer said it sounded as if the problem was with the inlet control valve or it could be the board that controls the inlet valve. Then they said they didn't cover my area so I got onto another service agent and they could get someone out this afternoon. He arrived and as usual the bloody thing wouldn't go wrong. The flow of water coming in was very weak though. He stripped off various bits and we discussed the problem. He checked the flow to the valve it was ok. The flow from the tube out of the valve was a bit weaker but it was there. There was no obvious fault So he thinks it might be a sticky solenoid but it is working at the moment so we have decided to live with it. I now know how to take the front off the machine and changing the inlet valve is easy just expensive £60 - 80. So if the wworstthing happens I can change it myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back