Miele washer W828 switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Miele W828 was running faultlessly when my wife changed the programme mid-cycle. Now it only operates if I hold the on switch pressed in. Is this a simple switch failure or something more complicated? Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Are you trying to say you can start a program successfully by manually holding in the switch??? If so that could indicate a faulty switch module.
Miele parts are VERY expensive. The switch module for your model (p/n 4764930) costs around 60 pounds from Miele. The switch is integrated in the pcb assembly (which costs an amazing 200 pounds).

Are you trying to say you can start a program successfully by manually holding in the switch??? If so that could indicate a faulty switch module.
Miele parts are VERY expensive. The switch module for your model (p/n 4764930) costs around 60 pounds from Miele. The switch is integrated in the pcb assembly (which costs an amazing 200 pounds).

The answer is yes. The on switch is combined with the door opening switch and I have seen this double switch quoted at c£35 inc VAT as an original Miele part. Before buying it I am concerned that the fault may lie in the control module as that was used to change the programme in mid cycle and the switch does not feel faulty it merely fails to lock in and keep the programme on. I shall take it off this morning and let you know. The part number you give matches the one I have a quote for.
Thanks for your input. Save for a blocked pump the machine has performed faultlessly. Our 1982 Miele dishwasher still functions.

Sponsored Links
Miele electronics are extremely robust but sometimes even they can fail. At 35 pounds the switch is a snip. If you are not familiar in faultfinding down to component level the most you will be able do is check the pcb for obvious signs of damage / blown tracks etc. Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back