Miele washing machine Aqua Stop advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Miele model W3444. not filling, aqua stop vibrating and getting slightly warm not scorching hot. I removed the lid and pulled out the two spade connectors and tested for ohms , got a reading of about 1.4k across the two brown cables
Unscrewed the aquastop end or WPS end, switched the machine on , look into the valve I cant see the valve actually open, The two solenoids are encased in a resin so I cant really test electrically at that end. Given the eye watering price of the inlet hose is there any other way I can prove it is the Aquastop/ WPS ? . Plenty of water flowing from the water valve on the cold mains,
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
AFAIK Miele Bosch Siemens don't use aqua stop anymore, at least for the UK market, they seemed a bit gimmicky anyway.

Standard miele wm hoses seem quite cheap on eBay, maybe they will fit:

Blup

Thanks for the info, however my miele washing machine uses it to open and shut to fill machine, as for ebay the only ones available are from Germany, tried to order one but they can't delver due to Brexit paperwork, why would an aqua stop be gimmicky its an anti flood protective device

As I understand it. the aquastop is a hose within a hose so that if the inner hose fails, water doesn't escape. It's gimmicky because a properly designed hose does the job, as witness many machines that last years without this feature.

Blup

Sponsored Links
As I understand it. the aquastop is a hose within a hose so that if the inner hose fails, water doesn't escape. It's gimmicky because a properly designed hose does the job, as witness many machines that last years without this feature.

Blup
On a Miele Washing machine that is not the only purpose of it. The water intake solenoids ( there are two) is at the incoming water Valve end and not on the machine so unfortunately you cant just swap it over, or try and adapt it as it will have nothing to switch off the water when the drum is full, it is a not the same as for dishwashers where the water inlet is encased in the drainage hose as in pipe in pipe. Purchased one from Amazon all working fine hope this might be useful for someone in the future .https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H7IKVG0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're out of stock on this link - what did you pay?

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back