Migrants crossing the channel. What could/should be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are, but the UK (and I think Germany) are top destinations. Some already speak English, some are under the illusion that the UK is a good place to live & get help and some already have friends or family here.

I don't know what France does, there's so many in those illegal camps - why are they not processing them?
yes i’ve seen them on the news.
“I want England” .”I want better life”.

Sponsored Links
Of those I suspect less than a 100k would actually come and they would be coming with skills and capital so it would help sustain another round of property speculation in the city!

These migrants tends to be low or no skilled.
Regardless of how many come, it is an offer that the gammons should balk at...

Did they not go apoplectic about Merkel's 'invite'?

And what is 'low or no skilled'?

I bet many a person who complains about these migrants don't have a problem when their fruit and veg gets picked and when their arses are wiped in their care homes!

i thought asylum seekers were supposed to claim asylum in the first country they arrive in . ie france. i’m probably wrong.

No you're not wrong...
But read up on the Dublin Regulation...
You are wrong, bennymultifinnish.
There is no obligation for migrants/asylum seekers to seek asylum in the first country of arrival.
And by the way, France is obviously not their first country of arrival. They have probably travelled, at least the width of Europe, to arrive in France. It's difficult to imagine where they would have originated from, as asylum seekers, if the first country of arrival is France. (I suppose it could be UK :) )
Also the Dublin Agreement is an agreement between EU countries. Obviously post-Brexit, UK will no longer be a EU member, and the other EU members are under no obligation to accede to a UK request under that Dublin Agreement.

Sponsored Links
You are wrong, bennymultifinnish.
There is no obligation for migrants/asylum seekers to seek asylum in the first country of arrival.
And by the way, France is obviously not their first country of arrival. They have probably travelled, at least the width of Europe, to arrive in France. It's difficult to imagine where they would have originated from, as asylum seekers, if the first country of arrival is France. (I suppose it could be UK :) )
Also the Dublin Agreement is an agreement between EU countries. Obviously post-Brexit, UK will no longer be a EU member, and the other EU members are under no obligation to accede to a UK request under that Dublin Agreement.
france being the obvious example, as that’s where they congregate waiting for a raft. obviously i’m aware they weren’t beamed there off the enterprise....we’re already off on ‘lets state obvious facts to make ourselves feel better’ instead of allowing other individuals a modicum of the benefit of the doubt regarding their intelligence.
actually I was reffering specifically to asylum seekers landing in France on planes.

Consistency.

BTW, are you my new stalker?
In case you hadn't noticed, at the bottom of the page of every discussion is:
upload_2020-8-10_10-42-6.png

In case you hadn't noticed, at the bottom of the page of every discussion is:
View attachment 201542
May 2019

August 2020.

You can't beat the old sayings, eh?
There's probably more of that in previous discussions. :rolleyes:
Irrelevant to this discussion.

Back to the topic.....

The UK, despite all the scary headlines, is just one of many countries where asylum seekers go. Turkey has by far the most, Lebanon, Italy, France, Germany and more are all taking on these people..

actually I was reffering specifically to asylum seekers landing in France on planes.
Well you didn't make it obvious...

But how many get to France that way?

May I suggest you look up 'Carrier Sanctions Directive 2001/51/EC' so that you can see that what you are hypothesizing is far from the truth!

Well you didn't make it obvious...

But how many get to France that way?

May I suggest you look up 'Carrier Sanctions Directive 2001/51/EC' so that you can see that what you are hypothesizing is far from the truth!
has nobody on here got a personality, immagination or sense of irony or do you all just jump to the latest post and take it literally?

has nobody on here got a personality, immagination or sense of irony or do you all just jump to the latest post and take it literally?
That's not fair, bennymultifinnish, I saw the hilarity in your comment. Or should that be absurdity?

Hmm, asylum seekers want to go to UK, so they catch a plane to France????? :confused::confused:
Your wit and logic knows no bounds. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When you are in a war-torn country, or your despot leader is out for your skin, then OK you may well want to nip over the border to the safe country next door. You may then make a new life for yourself, ask to enter other countries to become part of that society and contribute.

But that does not explain why you would travel thousands of miles across several safe countries and then, then pay some criminal thousands to spirit you across the channel illegally into the UK.

No, that is not legitimate, not a valid reason and you are escaping jack. You are only out for the pot of gold, the flat, the benefits, the hospital care, the schools (as you know you can then use the law - again for free, to bring your whole tribe over), the legal aid .... the list goes on.

You are an opportunist migrant, not a refugee, and you should be sent right back from where you came.

Look at the stats. These leeches only ever go to the countries where they can get free stuff and wont be turned back.

When you are in a war-torn country, or your despot leader is out for your skin, then OK you may well want to nip over the border to the safe country next door. You may then make a new life for yourself, ask to enter other countries to become part of that society and contribute.
If you are forced to leave your country, you may as well make a conscious choice of where you prefer to go.
When I left UK, I didn't choose the first country I arrived in, I made a rational choice based on my preferred lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back