Milwaukee Thread

Sponsored Links
Milwaulkee for me to, I've not had a bad M12 Fuel tool yet.

This is most recent purchase, M12 floodlight. Even with 6ah knock off battery it's still on 4 out of 4 after 3 hours use this morning.

20210809_152926.jpg

All my M12 kit gets some right hammer at work and none of it has shown any signs of failing.

Sponsored Links
It's blooming bright!, Medium setting is more than enough.

Really substantial as well (same as all their kit).

Snap-on Rep at work has had some banter about me going over to Milwaulkee but the quality is same or better in some case and half the price..

Used this a lot today at work and brought it home for another job tonight.

What an excellent tool!

It's got a collet adapter to bring it down to 3.1 mm and a Dremel quick release shaft with Diamond disc at the moment.

I might buy another for home it's that good!

20210813_175929.jpg

Do you reckon it would be any good for hogging away timber with burrs? Thinking about carving..

It's not air line powerful but a big step up from a Dremel.

I've chamfered some aluminium cases out today with an abrasive bit, it just got on with it.

What size are your carvings?.

Just bought another one for home, £120 for bare tool.

Used this a lot today at work and brought it home for another job tonight.

What an excellent tool!

It's got a collet adapter to bring it down to 3.1 mm and a Dremel quick release shaft with Diamond disc at the moment.

I might buy another for home it's that good!

View attachment 241562

I like that,

I had a Dremel that although didn't see much use took a hammering when I did use it, didn't last long though before it died

I had a Dremel that although didn't see much use took a hammering when I did use it, didn't last long though before it died
That's what I was thinking. I've had a Dremel for stuff around the house for about 5 or 6 years, now - handy little tool, but always thought it wouldn't last and that a cordless die grinder would be a better bet. The downside of the Makita 18 volt model is that the batteries make it a bit top heavy IMHO. I have some Milwaukee 12 volt kit and I'm about to get some more (brushless multitool next), but maybe this'll become a must first...

What size are your carvings?
6 to 12in tall, about 6in square, yellow pine. I was going to try cutting the heavy waste away on a mate's bandsaw, then roughing the shape out with Surforms and wood rasps before finishing with carving chisels. I wondered if one of these with some spiral end mills would be faster than the Surforms

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back