Milwaukee Thread

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
[QUOTE="Bodd, post: 5030058, member: 124671" Didn't you once take the m8cky out of my 12 volt stuff?[/QUOTE]

But it wasn't a Milwaukee!

Andy

I've never been fussed about Milwaukee gear, thought it was just like the DeWalt era just another fad, but having seen some of the gear on here and looked a out the range of tools Milwaukee offer is pretty impressive.

I've had Hitachi for years and am slowly turning all my gear cordless, but there is some tools I'd like but they just don't do the range.

I may end up buying into the Milwaukee gear and running it alongside my hitachi

I've had Hitachi for years and am slowly turning all my gear cordless, but there is some tools I'd like but they just don't do the range.

They do an 18 volt cordless extension lead that's pretty good.

It's maybe becoming less of an issue with all those battery adaptors now available on the market which means we are approsching the point where you can use almost any 18 volt Li-Ion battery with any other 18 volt tool, regardless of make, which is one in the eye for all those manufacturers who won't co-operate in terms of battery mounting interchangeability. For example there is one unique Festool cordless item I'd consider if it camevwith a Makita or Hikoki battery mounting. But it doesn't, and I simply won't buy into yet another battery system at almost £300 for two 5.2Ah batteries and a charger, and that's on top of £400 for a bare tool. However, there is now an adaptor which allows me to plug my many Makita batteries into a Festool. Result!

I've never been fussed about Milwaukee gear, thought it was just like the DeWalt era just another fad, but having seen some of the gear on here and looked a out the range of tools Milwaukee offer is pretty impressive.

Most of my M12 kit gets used daily in a workshop environment and never lets me down, I do look after my tools but they do get worked hard.

As said earlier I haven't had one piece if M12 kit that has been other than excellent quality and very robust, how they do it for the price I can't work out!.

Their tyre inflator looks good, every one I've bough has been a real let down, the Ryobi 18v was shocking and I had over £100 in that with battery and charger, burnt out inflating car tyres even though I gave it plenty of cool down after each one.. Took it to bits and it was just plastic sh1t (reminds me of my gearbox..).

That's the sort of thing, but mine needs to be the other way round - Makita battery onto Festol tool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back