mini-joist hangers for noggings ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there such things as mini-joist hangers for noggings ?

I want to fit noggings between two parallel joists.

Haven't done this before and it would be so much easier if I could just screw some kind of right angled bracket to the side of the joist, drop the nogging in, screw that to the bracket etc etc....

...and then repeat all along the joist.

any suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
either skew nail or skew screw, or.......

.........we stagger strut noggins so that each can be fixed in from the end, like here,
studwall1.jpg

skew nailing or screwing as noseall says. it is cheap and easy. It is helpful to pilot drill the hole first as it may move as you are trying to fix it

but you can buy a little galvanised bracket, like a "U" shape with tabs, probably 50p or so if you buy them singly.

Great. Thank you for your expertise.

I think I will try the hanger method.

I will use these or similar maybe 50cms apart all along the joist.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/73487/Building/Builders-Metalwork/Joist-Hanger-50mm-x-175mm

I'm lucky in that my joists are very deep at around 12 inches.

My problem is I have to support a heavy stud partition which is parallel to my joists but - annoyingly - not directly over any joist.

Hence some beefy hangers and studs.

Sponsored Links
the tabs on the top of those will prevent the floorboards lying flat, unless you chisel out the flooring or the joist

I was thinking more of something like

p4663209_l.jpg

which is intended to be nailed rather than bricked in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back