Mini trunking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some cable which is placed inside mining trunking in my cloak room. I would like to bury it in to a plasterboard stud wall could someone tell me what the correct way of doing this is please?

Sponsored Links
Remove the trunking and just bury the cable.

Just dig out the minimum sized chase, insert cable and fill with mortar or filler.

HOWEVER, you cannot conceal cables just anywhere. There must be an accessory to indicate the cable's presence, horizontally or vertically, otherwise you have to stick to prescribed zones.
https://www.diynot.com/wiki/Electrics:walls

Oh no. How did I miss that - and nobody notice until now ???

To chamfer -

The routing still applies but you will have to fish the cable through holes and get through or past the studs somehow - dig out the plasterboard and possibly a bit of the stud and then fill.
You can only do this if you can access the end of the cable.

Is it worth it? Where does the trunking run?

Sponsored Links
The cable is in a corner of a room so I could choose a masonry wall to bury it in. I am sure the cable is for the socket ring that run upstairs.
The trunking runs floor to ceiling

The cable is in a corner of a room so I could choose a masonry wall to bury it in. I am sure the cable is for the socket ring that run upstairs.
The trunking runs floor to ceiling
That sounds ok.

Phew. Glad you haven't ruined your wall because of my misreading you question. :)

There should be an RCD on the circuit now the cable is to be concealed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back