Miniature 3-pin 230V inline connector suggestions

That was my plan, in essence.

Got the outlets....

Ah well - there are other small alternatives.

Sponsored Links
That was my plan, in essence.

Got the outlets....

Ah well - there are other small alternatives.

But you said

Note: The LNE range of connectors is not suitable for mains connections to equipment for domestic use as defined in the Low Voltage Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1989.

So you, like me, take no notice.

Well - when I originally had the plan I wasn't aware of the restriction on use of those.

Sponsored Links
The sets I have used have all had a two wire section mid way along the set. Divide the set there and unless there is a CPC as well you could use a smaller 2 pin connector
Mine has 3 wires in the middle.

It's actually made up of 4 40x6v lamp sets in parallel.

No cpc.

But I agree - trying to draw it out it doesn't make sense that there would be any more than 2 wires in the sections between lamp #40 & #41, #80 & 81 etc.

I need to get them down before xmas as I want to check if some spare lamps I bought are the right type, so I'll have another look.
Yes, welll... :oops:

Umm

conf45.gif

Paying closer attention to the counting of the lights revealed that there are indeed only 2 wires between lamps 40 & 41, 80 & 81 etc, so I only need a 2-pole connector.

outtahere.gif

I'm glad I did do it more carefully though, as it also revealed the one of the 40-lamp strings had 2 fuse lamps, and one of them had none.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back