Miniature circular saw

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am trying to decide if it is a gimmick, or if it would be handy for taking up/fitting floors. Have never seen one before.

Max cut is 26mm

Mini-Circular-Saw-600w-with-Laser-A.jpg

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/093966109033600?utm_source=Aldi&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Product Image&utm_campaign=SpecialbuyEmail27thJanuary

Sponsored Links
Have the bosch version, but only cuts to 16mm, though does a nice job of cutting tiles dry and brickwork. Usefull for cutting laminate as depth gauge means you can cut with minimum floor protection, saves a bit of leg work.

Not got one myself, but recently seen trade flooring fitters using them on smaller (domestic) refits where I was doing some snagging. Both said that they were very handy for laminate planks - small, light and portable (much smaller than a Festool rail saw)

Sponsored Links
For a bit more cash you could have a DeWalt, and just set the depth for whatever the flooring.
For toe-kicks, and close in cuts, I've always used a Milwaukee reciprocating saw and angled and forced the 6" rough blade in to make the cut.
Sometimes I use a fine toothed metal blade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back