Pruning high branches

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Sponsored Links
Yes it'd do the job, make sure you wear well-fitted goggles as the sawdust can shower your eyes doing this type of task. Sawdust in the eye is one of the least fun things you can do to yourself.

Thanks. I might use it about once a year. What should I look for in a hired petrol one? What kind of blade does it have? It's small branches I would want to cut. I already have one of those extending loppers with a sort of string-operated secateurs on the end)

Sponsored Links
The usual petrol tool is actually a chainsaw on a pole....not a device to lock horns with, but dramatically effective!
Those cord loppers are fine in their own way, albeit rather slow and difficult to use when the brash is thin.
John :)

You'd be surprised at how good a normal silky saw on an extendable pole is. No cord to faff with either. I sometimes reach for mine before my stihl polesaw as its so mush easier to use up a tall ladder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back