Minimum Possible warm roof insulation. Conservation area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are building a a modest 3.5 meter deep rear extention extention. The SE has specified 8 inch joists plus furrings. 18 mm ply
40 mm optim r
25 mm thermaroof tr27 (inc 6 mm ply)

Problem I have is that 40 mm optim R is very expensive and I'm also not convinced that the boards will be robust enough.

any idea what the minimum level of insulation I need for a warm roof ? We are in a convervation area and cannot raise the flat roof height .

Is it possible to do a hybrid roof with lets say 75mm between rafters and 75 mm on top without needing to ventilate ?

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to do a hybrid roof with lets say 75mm between rafters and 75 mm on top without needing to ventilate ?
Yes.

Tell your architect to design a roof to meet your needs - maximim ceiling height and economical to build, and planning requirements (maximum roof height).

The problem with hybrid roofs, is that many designers don't know how to argue their case with building control, and some building control inspectors don't really understand the concept.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back