Minor storm damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Detached two storey house with gable roof. After the recent storms we have noticed one ridge tile clip that has come loose and is pointing up vertically. House is 25 years old and roof has never had any work. Photo below shows roof design.

Will it need scaffolding?

How urgent is this to fix? What could happen next. Could tiles blow off the next time it gets windy? I know nothing about roofs.

Attachments

• Roof 1.PNG
    Roof 1.PNG
    384.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
same here from the photos i cant make anything wrong.
you don't mean the vent ridge a few feet in fro the verge?

@datarebal @RrogerD

Apologies. I couldn't get a photo yesterday so I posted an old one just to show the construction. I have got them now.

Attachments

• Roof section.PNG
    Roof section.PNG
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
ok that is better, it a Marley dry ridge system butt joint strap. Its either cracked off the other side (its hooked shaped) or just unclipped
It does render the ridge each side venerable to uplift. A few second fix for a guy with the part.

ok that is better, it a Marley dry ridge system butt joint strap. Its either cracked off the other side (its hooked shaped) or just unclipped
It does render the ridge each side venerable to uplift. A few second fix for a guy with the part.

Thanks, that's good to know. Is it the sort of thing a roofer might do just with ladders?

It turned out my brother had a roofer working on his house this week. so first thing yesterday he just popped over and fixed it in about five minutes. Result!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back