Minor works certs in factories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i am tapping off a canalis 40A busbar with a single phase 10A fused spur, does this require a minor works cert?

There are various tap-offs which supply computers etc, so its a bit inconvenient to switch off to do full testing of the busbar IR and R1/R2 measures etc

What is the 'standard' procedure fior this thype of addition?

Sponsored Links
hi,

whenever i work on a circuit where i work (factory, industrial) be it a new circuit or work on an existing one i do a minor works certificate or an electrical installation cert (whichever is appropriatte).

just because its not a domestic situation i dont believe it makes inspecting and testing the work ive done any less important. plus it shows you are doing things right and it covers your a*se to some extent.

The tap off box from the busbar trunking is in effect your DB so any testing should be made from that point.

Sponsored Links
Ask them what their procedure is, one place I work have their own inspector and did not want my cert, (I did one anyway)

ricicle said:
The tap off box from the busbar trunking is in effect your DB so any testing should be made from that point.

I figured as much, and saved me a lot of hassle trying to get the whole thing isolated for testing :D

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back