Mira 80 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira 80 shower. It appears that the washer has perished causing the shower to drip constantly. Can the washer in the mixer unit be replaced? If so, could someone give me advice on how to do this?

Many thanks

Please note 1a ;)

Sponsored Links
Andy, the internals of mira mixers can be replaced, you can buy service kits from good plumbers merchants or direct from Mira. For the spindle sealing there is an O-ring which you get with the service kit.

To get the thing apart you need to pull off the outer and inner control knobs and unscrew the large brass nut (15/16" I think). There may also be a c-clip on the spindle which you need to lever off with a small screwdriver; this will, without fail, fly across the bathroom and probably dissapear down the toilet and round the U-bend. All of this is a lot easier if you run the shower on it's hottest setting for a while to warm the body up a bit and clean off the limescale with a splash of vinegar or proprietary stuff.

When you put it all back together again don't forget a dab of silicone grease on the moving parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back