Mira 88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in a property with a Mira 88 shower that has a poor water flow. A nearby sink tap has reasonable hot and cold water flow so I suspect there may be a problem with the mixer unit. How easy is it to dismantle and repair? I see some exploded parts diagrams but no explanation of procedures. Can anyone help or am I being too ambitious to dimyself? Cheers Riggers

Sponsored Links
You can buy a re-washering kit, but be careful for there are lots of washers and O rings to change, but it's cheaper than buying a new valve.

I had an ancient MIRA 8 for years, and I overhauled it twice with the washer kit. If you are in a hard water area then its quite likely you will find incrustation which need cleaning out quite carefully. Other than that go steady and its fairly straightforward. Keep the old circlips incase you lose one down the plughole (put the plug in!!) The kit is inexpensive.

You need to do this first before you start looking elsewhere for a cause.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back