Mira Atom ERD Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Mira Atom ERD which seems to be leaking on the outlet to the diverter valve. I've replaced the insert which goes inside as it has O rings on it and I thought those had perished, but the leak remains. I put some PTFE tape on it and I dont want to tighten it further because i'll be overtightening it.

https://www.showerspares.com/mira_shower_spares/mira_all/mira_atom_erd_atom_erd/ I replaced part 1663.170.

Any ideas what it could be or is it time for a new one?

P.S. It came with the house and I think they were p*ssed when they fitted it because it isn't even on straight!

IMG_0723.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, who fitted that. Not surprised it's leaking. That riser connection will never sit straight into the diverter, the seals need to sit straight in there to work properly.

It needs retfitted so it's level. I'd shut off the water then strip the shower back and see what's coming through the wall and if there's any wiggle room to level the inlet connections out. Wonder if someone used the z connectors and couldn't get it level @ 150mm centres.

Oh dear, who fitted that.
Probably the same weapon who installed the loft light and switched it on the neutral wire!

Not surprised it's leaking. That riser connection will never sit straight into the diverter, the seals need to sit straight in there to work properly.

It needs retfitted so it's level. I'd shut off the water then strip the shower back and see what's coming through the wall and if there's any wiggle room to level the inlet connections out. Wonder if someone used the z connectors and couldn't get it level @ 150mm centres.
I do remember there being some Z connectors behind when I had the shower off to replace the diverter outlet part. I've not come across these Z connectors before.

I appreciate this is a difficult question to answer without a picture, but would it be possible to turn the left side Z connector clockwise (or the right side, clockwise) to level this off? I think access to the rearmost nut on the Z connector was limited/impossible due to the tiles.

It's all about keeping the Z connector's connection into the female coupler in the wall water tight and then keeping the centres at 150mm and as level as possible.

You can really only tighten them now unless they're taken right out and new tape applied and refitted.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, might be best to leave it, I'd rather it leak on the outside into the shower tray than inside the wall. Cheers for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back