Mira Excel EV Shower not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like it says on the tin, we've been suffering cold (well, lukewarm - looks warm but it's not) showers for a week now!

I dismantled the shower to clean out the inlet filters in case it was that - no joy. Called the engineer out cos it's still under warranty and he said it was my boiler as there was no hot water coming through the bathroom tap either - unless you ran the kitchen tap, then you got hot water to the bathroom but still not to the shower.

He put a flow reducer in the hose which warmed the water up but the flow rate was atrocious.

Gas engineer was out today to replace diverter valve in the boiler as it was a bit sticky. We seem to have hot water in the bathroom sink but still none in the shower.

Anyone got any ideas? I've phoned the shower engineer again to come out - customer services think it sounds like the cartridge but he said the showers were bomb proof and it wouldn't be that.

I can't handle any more cold showers............... :(

Sponsored Links
Update - gas engineer came out and replaced the diverter valve in the boiler. He said the problem was the shower.

We still dont' have hot water in the bathroom though.

Shower guy says it's the boiler.

All I know is that I'd like a hot shower!

We still dont' have hot water in the bathroom though.

None at all, or just not in the shower?

I would fins a point in the shower supply pipe -say an isolation valve. disconnect the pipe attach a bit of hose or flexible pipe and then see if I runn off water from kit does the boiler fire up and HW flow ok.

If it is ok, then unless there is a blockage in the rest of the pipe to the shower, the fault would appear tio be with the shower

Sponsored Links
We've got hot water in the kitchen but not in the bathroom. It will come through the tap hot sometimes - especially if I've run the kitchen tap first but it's not coming through the shower at all.

The hot side of the shower isn't getting hot at all (felt the pipes to see if it was maybe the cartridge in the shower that wasn't working).

If the shower is on and I try running the tap in the sink, there's no hot water at all.

Its just happened in the last couple of weeks.

Gas engineer says it's the shower (but that doesn't explain the sink not getting hot water) and the shower guy says it's the boiler.

I've put a flow reduction thing in the shower hose and it's improved it slightly - it's a bit warmer than it was!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back