mira shower connection

tte

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi have just purchased a new mira shower and was wondering if you could use a pushfit connection straight on to the swivel inlet connection or does it have to be a compression joint? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hi bud its a mira sprint!! the instructions say to use a compression joint but just wondered if push fit would do.. cheers

IMHO it's always a good idea to follow the manufacturers instructions - even if you can see a quicker/cheaper/simpler way of doing it!

Sponsored Links
Don't see why you couldn't use a push fit straight connector in place of a compression one (I am assuming that is what you need).

The hep20 ones are rated at >10 bar for cold water temperatures.

I'm sure someone will comment. I would tend to go with the manufacturers instructions personally and use a compression fitting.

Rich

...or they spray water all over the shower innards, resulting in a lot of black stuff and a scrap shower.

What I don't understand is why people don't want to follow the MIs. :confused:

As already said the problem is the tail on the shower isn't long enough to get a push fit fully on.

Always follow manufacturers instructions then if anything does go wrong there will be no excuses on their part. ;)

denso13 said:
As already said the problem is the tail on the shower isn't long enough to get a push fit fully on.
To be pedantic, what was "already said" was that the diameter was too small.

This is also true of Triton showers, on which the tail is certainly long enough for a push-fit fitting, hence Triton specifically mandate the use of a brass compression elbow.

Softus said:
To be pedantic, what was "already said" was that the diameter was too small.

Sorry didn't see diameter mentioned (still don't). I assumed it was length as it was what I was going to say anyway. Stand by what I said otherwise.

right thanks for advice guys,i am just going to fit it with the compression fitting as stated, as not being a plumber just wanted the advice cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back