Miss World / Miss Universe competition

M

Mickymoody

According to a news report earlier, the candidate for Miss World, to stand for the UK, is a UK born, dark skinned, Muslim woman.

Do you feel that that image is the correct one to promote Britain/UK, that we are an island that is tolerant, and everyone is welcome, for many thousands of years, she was born in the UK, therefore British, does skin colour matter, or is there a problem with her religion?

Or is that the sign that the UK British white, have lost the fight to keep Britain, British?

ADMIN: There have been several instances of banal banter, please moderate sensitively.

Sponsored Links
if she is a beautiful British girl then she should be encouraged to enter, what difference does her religion make? can you tell me how many Baptists, Catholics or Protestants have been chosen to enter for Britain in say the last 10 years

Its a moronic question, if she is born here she is BRITISH.
What has being British got to do with the white British?

I for one, am glad to see a Muslim woman entering a beauty pageant. She has shown her willingness to integrate fully into Western society, unlike many of that religion.
;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I think the term "white British" is well and truly old hat

I say good luck to her although this would never fly the other way round as Muslim countries are not so heavily infiltrated with foreigners

I also hear that she is getting death threats, I think me calling the UK the dogs breath pales in insignificance when we have people showing the rest of the world exactly how racist a nation we really are

LOL @ Woods.

Hate to say this but I agree with Spacer on this one.
Born here, its allowed. Wether your Jewish, Christian or Jedi.

My only objection is the use of British. I class myself as English. Yet we cannot use that on our passport.
The scotts have devoloution, can use it and yet our taxes pay for them!
The Welsh want the same. Fair play. But stop using our taxes when you get it. ( Take not Scotties)
Ireland, not going there. Not starting another debate on the place. Mother was born there, came here when 14 to work. Met father, bingo i`m English.

PS, before anyone finds a stepladder and a tall horse. Loads of friends of the above afflicted :p We all agree. Well when taff leaves the sheep alone and Thistle face stops knocking back the Tennants!!

Now thats me deed :D

TBH beauty contests are outdated 1970's relics and god knows why they still bother with them.

How the hell can you have a Miss Universe with just contestants from EARTH?

Sponsored Links
Back