Mitre saw spare parts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

please forgive me here, I can’t find the words for what I am after, so I am hoping you can tell me what it is called so I can google it and get my self replacements.

so, on a mitre you have the semi circle with the angles, with the bit where you turn it to say 90° you have the small Bit that confirm your angle, so say you need a 45° angle you can move the saw to cut at that 45° using the plastic arrow/line/thing I really hope you know what I mean…

the other thing I am after is the bevel angle of the same plastic arrow thing. So needing a 90° butt needed to be cut, you turn the wheel at the back set it to 90° and you cut it, but if you need to made a multi sided plant pot for example you can change this angle to 80° and the saw will cut at this angle… again I hope you know what I mean.

I am also after an after market laser for mitre saws if you know of any…

sorry and thank you

Sponsored Links
Show picture and mark the parts. Then people will know what you mean. Gimp is free for editing images and adding marks.

My mitre saw didn’t come with any and the manual doesn’t show them, but there are screw holes for them and seen them installed on the display models in stores. Trying to find pictures on google now but not finding anything that shows them clearly. I am going to watch youtube tuneup mitre saws to see if I can get a screenshot now. Also no idea how but my text is underlined, didn’t mean to.

At a minimum, the model number will help people...

Sponsored Links
Hope these images help.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0539.jpeg
    IMG_0539.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 46
Sorry mate, the model number will still help.

If you are looking at gauges that will set the angle, they are widely available, but I am not sure that is what you want.

We need more info. I think that I can speak on behalf of a number of fellow site members that genuinely want to assist you.

Best of luck.

Yeah, sorry I left the manual outside, it is a MMIS210C-B entry level mitre saw, brought new, brand new box.

I am after new angle telling Arrow line thing… really sorry I am unsure on the description here.

Not all manufacturers provide spares. You could be out of luck. You could either try to fabricate or 3d print a fix, or buy a used unit and cannibalise the parts you need.

This review shows the 2 angle indicators from about 1 min to 3 min
I would be surprised if they are available.

Surely there are universal ones for sale somewhere online? To the size, style and shape that would be best fitted?

Surely there are universal ones for sale somewhere online? To the size, style and shape that would be best fitted?
Surely not. It would hurt profits. The designs would be patented. Anyone wants to make parts will have to pay. So, no one makes the parts if the manufacturer chooses not to.

If you can't find one, you can use a sliding bevel with calibrations. Offer it up to the fence and move the blade to meet it.

I guess that 90, 45, etc degrees pop into place.

I looked at the spares sites, they don't stock them.

Please do not take umbrage, I am genuinely trying to help you... you are open and honest about being autistic.

If I were you I would Tweet B&Q, explaining your situation. In the tweet, ask why you cannot get spares. Then, if they refuse to play ball, do a back link to this site.

This site ranks very highly when it comes to specific DIY topics.

If they don't help please direct message me, I will help you leave negative feedback online (here and elsewhere)..

I am hoping that they will help you and if they do, I want you tell us that they went above and beyond to help someone that has issues that are unseen but not insurmountable .

Best of luck-and yeah, the offer is sincere.

If you can't find one, you can use a sliding bevel with calibrations. Offer it up to the fence and move the blade to meet it.

I guess that 90, 45, etc degrees pop into place.

I looked at the spares sites, they don't stock them.

Please do not take umbrage, I am genuinely trying to help you... you are open and honest about being autistic.

If I were you I would Tweet B&Q, explaining your situation. In the tweet, ask why you cannot get spares. Then, if they refuse to play ball, do a back link to this site.

This site ranks very highly when it comes to specific DIY topics.

If they don't help please direct message me, I will help you leave negative feedback online (here and elsewhere)..

I am hoping that they will help you and if they do, I want you tell us that they went above and beyond to help someone that has issues that are unseen but not insurmountable .

Best of luck-and yeah, the offer is sincere.

we are good, you guys put up with my confusion/weirdness/autistic/highly medicated state without being spoken to as a child, or someone who is idiotic. Many websites and forums people make me feel bad for things I get confused about, I get wrong or belittled for not acting/spending loads of money on things they seem important.

so thank you all…

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back