Mitre saw stand

I think he's suggesting how to adapt the short stand, to support wood in the same manner that the longer (but much heavier) stand would work. But I could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
I think he's suggesting how to adapt the short stand, to support wood in the same manner that the longer (but much heavier) stand would work. But I could be wrong.

It's mostly shorter but wider stock I find myself cutting so I don't really need the extra length. The ends of the short stand to slide. Out to cover 2.4 metres.

Sponsored Links
I've got the longer one and it is quite heavy but needs must as they say, it's a great sturdy stand and I doubt you'll be disappointed, the only thing to watch out for and it certainly kept happening on mine was the thumb screws for the height adjustment for the end stops kept coming loose while in transit, no matter how hard I tightened by hand they would always work loose to the point I lost 3 screws and ended up buying some other type

Screenshot_20170703-104728.jpg

nah about half that
Could have fooled me. It's back breaking. :cry:

So I dug out the luggage scales out of curiosity and my saw with the mounting brackets for the stand weighed just shy of 30Kg and the stand was just shy of 14Kg. I think the dodgey estimate I gave might be down to how cumbersome it is. It's not easy to manoeuvre through door ways or up and down stairs so that might be where the bias lies.

I've got the longer one and it is quite heavy but needs must as they say, it's a great sturdy stand and I doubt you'll be disappointed, the only thing to watch out for and it certainly kept happening on mine was the thumb screws for the height adjustment for the end stops kept coming loose while in transit, no matter how hard I tightened by hand they would always work loose to the point I lost 3 screws and ended up buying some other type

View attachment 121995

I'll bare that in mind, cheers. I did think about replacing them or at least getting some of the wide roller bed attachments for when I eventually get some mounts for my metal cut off saw; but for all of them I thought about replacing the standard thumb wing screw for a bolt and nylock nut. Once the height is right it shouldn't really need to be changed anyway.

Could have fooled me. It's back breaking. :cry:
you're not wrong there though. I've only got one because some toerag stole my 10inch which is now discontinued and that's what the insurance replaced it with.

I had to get rid if my 708 because at the end of the day 31kg 50yds from the van may as well be a mile

What are you guys cutting with your chop saws? With big machine capacities you need big planks.
Most days I'm sawing 6" x 3" which is the smaller stuff and on other days 14" x 4".
I leave my scms at home more and more frequently now that I have acquired the hk85 with recoil rail. A big makita backs it up for the 4" planks.
The mafell Cordless KSS 60 36B is next on my list.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back