MK 3 Ford fiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, does any one know how to test a throttle plate control motor on a CFI 1.1 Fiesta and, if faulty can it be cleaned up or repaired. It looks like its sort of a solenoid mounted on the side of the carbureter with four wires going to it.Many thanks
PS have looked on E BAY cant see one listed. Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the Fiesta specifically but the motor is normally part of the throttle body and not available separately (and as such is repced as a complete unit).

Why does it need tested / repaired ?

Don't know about the Fiesta specifically but the motor is normally part of the throttle body and not available separately (and as such is repced as a complete unit).

Why does it need tested / repaired ?

The motor is sold separately by Ford approx £180 havent got that sort of dough. Lke to test it with a multimetre but dont know how. I have checked everything else electrically and mechanically,but the car still revs too high when you take your foot off the gas. Thanks anyway.

If you can post the vehicle details I'll see if I can get some more info for you. Also can you be a bit more specific about the fault. ie do you mean that it's idling high, if so is it when the engine's hot / cold / all the time?

Sponsored Links
If you can post the vehicle details I'll see if I can get some more info for you. Also can you be a bit more specific about the fault. ie do you mean that it's idling high, if so is it when the engine's hot / cold / all the time?

The car is a 1993 1.1 LX CFI Fiesta The idle speed does not always return to just under 1000 RPM when you lift your foot driving or otherwise,hot or cold. Have disconected speed sensor cleaned flywheel sensor checked for sticking throttle cable, all to no avail. Cheers!
PS. The speed is usually approx. 2500 RPM

Back