MK Logic Double Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 2 flush mounted MK Logic Double Sockets each in an alcove either side of chimney breast.

I am having alcove cupboards and shelves built. The cupboards will have 6mm wooden backs. I need to extend the sockets out from the wall by 20mm or so. This is so I can cut a hole in back of cabinet to gain access and use the sockets.

Is removing existing and installing surface mounted the only option?

I was thinking of using MK extension collars.

Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Assuming the sockets are currently in 25mm boxes, what about replacing those with 47mm ones to stick out proud of the wall and then getting the carpenter to cut the aperture in your new units around the edge of the boxes - with a bit of adjustment they can probably be made to be flush with the surface of your new units so the sockets can screw straight on and be flush with the surface of the shelving/cupboards. The cables might need to be extended though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back