MK Masterseal Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know off hand if the MK Matserseal single socket (K56480) in fact contains a standard K780 unswitched single socket inside the IP rated enclosure, or is it a socket module unique to the Masterseal range?
The reason I ask is that I have a project that requires a non standard outdoor socket and I was hoping to be able to swap the 13A innards for a K771 5 Amp.

Sponsored Links
It does have a standard (to MK) socket in it, but it's not removeable, not that I've tried, but pretty sure it's riveted.

That's a shame, I was initially thinking of using one of those Lewden die-cast 5 Amp sockets but they're a terrifying price these days, £60 for a plug/socket pair!

There are other enclosures you can fit standard accessories into. Thought you wanted to match to MK.

Sponsored Links
No, it doesn't have to match anything. I wasn't aware of the empty enclosures, my usual supplier (TLC) doesn't list them. Thanks.

That's a shame, I was initially thinking of using one of those Lewden die-cast 5 Amp sockets but they're a terrifying price these days, £60 for a plug/socket pair!
NOS on eBay, perhaps?
Sadly the Ebay sellers seem to be all too well aware of the current price and are even adding the magic word "vintage" to the listings!

Sadly the Ebay sellers seem to be all too well aware of the current price and are even adding the magic word "vintage" to the listings!
Had a box full before I left England which I passed on to a friend. Now I find out they would probably have paid for a substantial portion of moving expenses!

Yes you can get the guts out, I done it with a burnt out twin socket one, removed it and fitted a k2747 socket of the van.
It had about 6 plastic studs and push on round metal clips, you carefully prise the clips off, straighten them up a bit and reuse them, I think theres also push in plastic things that push out and reuse to plug the two standard fixing holes

Scolmore click part number OA502AG two gang empty ip rated enclosure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back