MK1 Fiat Punto Trailing Arms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

I am currently doing the above job on a 98' S Reg Fiat Punto Mk1. I have come to a slight problem, there are 3 bolts on the underside of the trailing arm (all holding the anti roll bar) to the bottom of the rear arm. These bolts are completley rounded & seized (it looks as if someone has had a go before myself!).

I have tried every method of removing these bolts (heat, easing oils, ring spanners, over length bars for extra torque) none of these are working. I feel I am going to have to cut these bolts away.

Problem is they are very hard to access, would the best idea be to cut an X in the head of the bolt then drill it out, if so how am I going to get in to cut then drill ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Neo,

They are 13mm but as I said above, all really badly rounded looks as though someone has tried with a 12mm or 14mm and ruined the heads.

They are definitley not left handers m8.

Thanks

I realise this thread is quite old, but still appears on a google search. for anyone else who finds this thread having the same trouble,

I had to cut a cross in the head of the bolt with an angle grinder, between a big hammer, some wd40 and a foot long flat head screwdriver on its side to be able to use it as a leverage bar to pull the bolt round, i managed to get the last one undone.

the bolts are 60p each from stoneacre fiat dealer, so cheap enough to replace.

If there is enough room, slip a larger nut over the top and weld it on through the middle. You will get much better purchase on the larger nut and the heat will help loosen it.

Peter

Back