MM 7774 transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm competent with wiring but know nothing about transformers

I have a micromark 7774 230V input / 12V AC output 65W max transformer that I need to replace with something similar - I have no idea what to buy.

I have the usual sheds nearby. Screwfix, toolstation, wickes & B&Q

Can anyone please help me out so the missus stops moaning

Many thanks

John

Sponsored Links
http://www.screwfix.com/p/robus-rm105d-35-105w-electronic-transformer-240v/92658

that will do the job fine, there are cheaper/different alternatives but thats a nice one with all the bells and whistles, most importantly, short circuit and thermal overload protection
This is not a transformer it's a switch mode power supply. Likely it will do same job but output is likely not 50Hz and there is a minimum as well as maximum current draw.

Question must be what is the transformer for? The one shown is designed for halogen lights but the minimum rating would stop one swapping to LED lights.

These are transformers likely more expensive than an inverter and does not have the input latitude. But will run LED as well as halogen lamps. All depends what it is for.

Sponsored Links
This is not a transformer it's a switch mode power supply. Likely it will do same job but output is likely not 50Hz and there is a minimum as well as maximum current draw.

Question must be what is the transformer for? The one shown is designed for halogen lights but the minimum rating would stop one swapping to LED lights

The OP's transformer is also a SMPS not a transformer and the failed one has a minimum rating of 20va so is unlikely to be running LED's currently unless it's running more than one, in which case the robus one will likely be fine anyway

Now the originals information has been shown I know it is a lighting inverter however my internet search did not find the old one so it seemed at the time prudent to point out the one shown was not a transformer.

My thanks to riveralt for clarifying the situation.

Granted, a google search for Micromark 774 isn't particularly helpful, MM 774 on the otherhand brings up some related pages

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back